If you're looking for a delicious and easy-to-make meal that requires minimal effort and cleanup, look no further than this One Pot Chicken and Orzo with Brasa Sauce recipe. With tender chicken, flavourful orzo, and a smokey Brasa sauce that's both spicy and savoury, this dish is sure to become a new family favourite. Plus, since everything cooks together in just one pot, you won't have to spend hours in the kitchen washing dishes. So grab your ingredients and get ready to enjoy a hearty and satisfying meal with minimal fuss!
Yield: 4 servings
Time: 45 minutes
- 4 chicken thighs bone in
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cups chicken stock (you can also use half water, half stock)
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Brasa Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for cooking
- 1 Lemon sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken thighs.
- Combine the olive oil and Brasa Sauce in a bowl. Drizzle the mixture on the chicken thighs and make sure you get under the skin.
- Preheat a dutch oven on medium heat and drizzle olive oil.
- Add the chicken thighs and cook until golden brown. Once cooked, remove the pan and set aside.
- Add in the shallots and minced garlic. Cook until translucent. Add the orzo and stir occasionally until toasted.
- Add the chicken thighs back into the pan and pour in the chicken stock. Add the lemon slices.
- Bring the stock to a boil and then turn the heat down to a simmer.
Give this recipe a try for your next family dinner or gathering with friends! With its simple preparation and mouth-watering flavours, this recipe is sure to impress and become a new favourite in your culinary repertoire.
And don't forget to purchase our Brasa Sauce today to create amazing dishes such as this one, and be sure to check out the rest of our new Brasa Home Collection, available purchase in-store or by CLICKING HERE!